Sunday, August 06, 2006

Gulf Fritillary


Gulf Fritillary Laying Eggs
Originally uploaded by mwalters2004.
Here is a shot of a butterfly laying eggs on our Passion Flower vine that I took yesterday. This is the same kind of butterfly that hatched out a week or so ago. This was just a lucky shot; I didn't know it would show this until I looked at it later. I knew what it was dong, but didn't expect to see anything like this. If you look closely you can see one of the eggs near the tip of the butterfly's tail. I think most of this crop of eggs are gone already, as I couldn't find any this morning.

Friday we had another goof-off day, this time it was a picnic for the whole organization. Seems like this place has more picnics and goof off things than anywhere else I've been in the AF. Left work about 11:15, and went. The food was good, and I managed to stay out of the Doritos and beer. After eating a few of us sat around and played spades for a couple hours while listening to the live band they had. They were not too bad. I left there about 2:30 and went to the gym and walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes, then went home.

We've had a nice quiet weekend. Yesterday I got up early and went to the base to get a haircut, then went to the gym for an hour or so. I like it better when I'm not in a rush to get home. Spent a little time outside chasing butterflies, and had a little success. We seem to have a lot more of them around now that the plants are growing in. Usually you don't have to wait more than 5 or 10 minutes to see one now.

Saturday night we went and tried a Chinese place that a guy at work recommended, and it was pretty good. Not a big place, but the food was good and service was good too. We all had a good time, and Anne seemed to be in a good mood and enjoy it too. It's nice to have another restaurant to add to our list.

Didn't do much today. Worked a little outside to try and fix some of the landscape lights that broke some time ago. Two of them are at the base of our three big palms. I'm not sure if the chunks falling out of the trees broke them, or the lawn mowing guys bumped into them. Managed to fix one, I think, but the other is too broken to support itself. We're thinking of having them all replaced with solar-powered lights, then they would be a lot easier to replace if something went wrong with them.

Not much more to say here! Hope all are well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home